Recipe type: Dessert
White Cake is a Bolivian food recipe with a hint of lemon.
- 1 c. flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ tsp. lemon extract or zest of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp. water
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp. lemon extract
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 to 4 tbsp. hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until light and creamy. Add sugar to eggs, ¼ c. at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon and water to egg mixture and beat well. Then fold in the flour mixture, a little at a time.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned. When a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove cake from pan and cool on wire rack. When cool, slice.
- In a small bowl, beat all frosting ingredients until creamy. Spread frosting evenly on top and sides of cooled cake.