Spicy Black Bean Chili
Recipe type: Entree
Spicy Black Bean Chili is a Bolivian food recipe with onions, garlic and chilies.
- 1 pound black beans
- ⅛ vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 jalapeños chilies, seeded, chopped
- ¼ cup chili powder (Ancho chili powder)
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped, seeded
- 4 t ground cumin
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes with juices, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups or more of water
- 1 T. sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 t minced canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Mix everything in a slow cooker and cook on High 3 hours.
- Serve with chips and sour cream.