Recipe type: Entree
Silpancho is a Bolivian food recipe of steak with eggs in sauce.
- cooking oil for deep-frying
- 4 potatoes, cut into strips
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chili, deseeded, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 4 round beef steaks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- rice, cooked
- First prepare the garnish by heating about 2 inches of oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the potatoes until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Fry the bananas until golden brown. Drain and set aside. Pour out the oil, leaving just a film.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up, taking care not to pierce the yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- Next prepare the sauce by mixing onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl.
- Pound and then season the steaks with salt and pepper. Dip into beaten egg, then coat liberally with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan and fry steaks until golden. Drain and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place each steak over a serving of cooked white rice. Arrange fried potatoes, bananas, and a fried egg alongside.
- Spoon sauce around the egg. Serve at once.