Saice | Spicy Beef
Recipe type: Entree
Saice | Spicy Beef is a Bolivian food cooked with aji which is similar to hot pepper.
- 2 lbs lean beef, cubed very small
- 1 tablespoon aji
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- oregano, cumin, pepper & salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup peas
- 3 cups water
- Vegetable oil
- Fry the onion and garlic until tender but not brown.
- Add the parsley, tomato, aji and condiments. Cook until the fat separates from the paste, then add the peas and water.
- In a separate frying pan brown the meat in the rest of the oil. Add to the aji mixture and cook until almost all the water has evaporated.
- Serve boiled potatoes and salad.