Picante de Pollo | Spicy chicken
Recipe type: Entree
Picante de Pollo | Spicy chicken is a Bolivian food recipe with potatoes, peas and onions.
- 1 whole Chicken (4-5 lbs)
- 3 lbs. peeled potatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of red chili pepper powder (ají)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ cup of spring onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into large portions and place in a pan. Add the salt, spring onion, coriander and enough water to cover the chicken. Boil for 45 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in a separate pan and drain.
- Lightly boil the peas and drain.
- In a large pan lightly fry the onion, red chili pepper, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper until the onion is soft. Add 2 cups of the chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, potatoes and peas. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with rice.