Locro | Hearty Stew
Recipe type: Entree
Locro | Hearty Stew is a Bolivian food recipe with beef, beans and mixed vegetables.
- 500 g dry peeled yellow corn
- 250 g dry white beans
- 1 kg beef, cubed
- 400 g bacon, cubed
- 1 orange or yellow squash, peeled and diced
- 10 small baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 chopped onions
- 100 g butter
- 1 liter water
- 200 g Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Put the dry corn and the dry beans in the water over night.
- Boil the corn and beans with the sliced meat, the bacon, the squash and the potatoes for one hour.
- Add salt, pepper and paprika when it starts boiling.
- Fry the onions with butter and add to the main pan.
- Serve in bowls with the shredded cheese on top.