Ground Beef Stew
Recipe type: Entree
Ground Beef Stew is a Bolivian food recipe with onions, tomatoes and bananas.
- 1 lb. coarsely ground or finely chopped beef
- 6 cups of water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 green bananas, sliced crosswise into large chunks
- ¼ cup of white long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In a large heavy pot, mix the beef with the water, cover, and simmer over low heat.
- Separately, heat the oil in a skillet and fry the onions, tomatoes, and green bananas until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Combine the vegetables with the beef in the pot and add the rice until is just tender, about 20 minutes. Serve with biscuits.